KNOWLEDGEABLE PTSD ATTORNEYS AIDING HERE TO HELP YOU FIGHT FOR YOUR BENEFITS!
PTSD Plagues Millions Every Year in the United States
Post-traumatic stress disorder, more commonly known as PTSD is a horrific epidemic that sweeps into thousands of veterans’ lives, those of which, have already paid their debt by serving to protect our country. Marcari, Russotto, Spencer and Balaban understand how terrible this can really be, and we treat our veterans like family members. If you ever have a problem claiming your disability benefits for PTSD, our team of accredited attorneys will fight for you, working to obtain the best possible outcome.
What are the Causes and Symptoms of PTSD?
It takes an incredibly substantial chain of events to trigger PTSD in a veteran, starting with heredity, biology, and an exposure to trauma either in a single episode, or in the aggregate starting in childhood and moving outward. A person does not have to directly go to war to obtain PTSD, because everyone who comes back from combat is not exactly the same.
Symptoms of PTSD include, but are not likely limited to the following:
- Intrusive memories: Distressing and recurrent dreams that occur while awake, most typically with severe emotional or physical reactions.
- Flashbacks: Reliving the events of a past occurrence.
- Avoidance: Typically refers to avoiding people, places and events that can potentially trigger memories, or refusing to talk about any prior traumatic events.
- Depression: Poor feelings, or a general sense of emotional numbness, which is coupled with a lack of interest in themselves or others, hopelessness in terms of the future, and potentially also suicidal thoughts.
- Memory problems: General holes in the memory relating to a traumatic event, can be either short or long term.
- Loss of emotional control: Highs and lows emotionally, self-sabotage, and general physical anxiety symptoms.
Veterans’ Disability Benefits Claim Denied?
We represent clients nationwide. Call 866-866-VETS
The Effects of Late On-Set PTSD in Elderly Veterans
Post-traumatic stress disorder is a widely-recognized medical condition in the United States. Veterans of the war in Iraq, and Afghanistan, should have a clear path to getting an accurate diagnosis and treatment, however, do to the perils involved with the VA, that often takes an uphill battle from an accredited attorney. Many older veterans, who are now in the later years of their life, and they’re finding that idle time is causing them to struggle with memory loss. Unfortunately, some may head towards drugs or drinking as a coping method. The attorneys at Marcari, Russotto, Spencer and Balaban are honored to help any veteran, especially if they are dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today If You Suffer from Service-Related PTSD!
If you, or someone you love, is struggling with PTSD from a service-related accident, don’t wait another minute – contact Marcari, Russotto, Spencer and Balaban today, or simply call us now at (866) 866-VETS. We’re always available to talk to you, and there are no hidden fees to speak to us about your claim(s). Our firm works on contingency, so there are no fees whatsoever unless we win your claim for benefits. We’re accredited to represent you anywhere within the United States, so even if you can’t make it to one of our offices, we can still help you along the way.